Not sure if you are referring to me or
by KarlHungus (2017-09-13 12:56:47)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: It's funny how people decry us trying to be like everybody  posted by FL_Irish

just speaking in generalities, but I am rarely on the "pearl-clutching, oh my God a jumbotron strips away Notre Dame's Catholic identity" side of things. I think they should abolish parietals...and single-sex dorms, for that matter. I am not resistant to modernity like the university (or Church) is, and I am fine with bench-marking the school's residential policies with other leading institutions. There's still plenty of crushing Catholic guilt to go around.

"That's not how it works, Tracy. Even though there is the whole confession thing, that's no free pass, because there is a crushing guilt that comes with being a Catholic. Whether things are good or bad or you're simply... eating tacos in the park, there is always the crushing guilt."
-Jack Donaghy

(I will concede that the field turf was an unnecessary choice, but that's pretty low on the list of grievances for me.)

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.