This is a shame for students who already struggle
by harmonica (2017-09-13 12:30:04)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Back Room ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: New ND requirement: Live On Campus for 3 years  posted by ndmdchgo

with a $67k pricetag. Although I considered moving off early, I lived on campus three years and immensely enjoyed it. And I'm sure I would have also enjoyed junior year from off campus.

But more importantly, one of the draws of moving off campus is its significant discount to room and board fees. My rent senior year was under $400. Living off campus can be a way for students to offset ballooning tuition costs. Instead, Notre Dame charges them prime real estate prices for shoeboxes (at least in my case) and more meals than almost anyone uses.

As others have noted, if Notre Dame wants more upperclassmen present on campus, they should create policies to attract them, not treat them like children.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.