Hickory, NC Restaurant Recommendations?
by buffaloirish (2017-09-12 18:35:00)

Maybe a long shot to get one, but with the Back Room, you never know. Thanks in advance. Not a business dinner, so any type of dining, as long as the food and beverages are good, would be fine.

What are you looking for? Hickory actually has a couple
by thersh  (2017-09-12 19:25:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

very good restaurants in the downtown area.

Just let me know what type of food and where you will be. Been living there for the last 20 years.

Interested to hear what restaurants you recommend.
by socal_doubledomer74  (2017-09-13 04:11:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have family who live in the area and I've found mostly bad chain restaurants when I've visited. It would be nice to eat at a decent place.

If you don't mind driving up into the mountains...
by Kbyrnes  (2017-09-12 19:21:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...about 40 miles northwest of Hickory, the Little Switzerland area has a couple of restaurants that are decent:

Mountain View Restaurant

Chalet Restaurant in the Switzerland Inn.

Pickings are slim since Washburn's Wings and More closed (link)
by rick  (2017-09-12 18:54:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post