I did the trip last year
by irishrock (click here to email the poster) (2024-04-23 08:03:56)

In reply to: Golf in Ireland  posted by Charlie Hough

11 of us...four guys played every other day while the rest of us played all six days in a row

Dooks
Waterville
Tralee
Ballybunion
Doonbeg
Lahinch

We used a great guy named Conn...I'll be honest and share that he was quite a bit less than the 3 other operators I called. I also called Waterville and Ballybunion to make sure he was on up and up and they said he was and he certainly arranged our trip in a magnificent way. I have referred many people to him and they all say his tour was great. (I looked into Hidden Links and I'd say you're likely paying for their advertising...eg Faldo and such)

We stayed 3 nights in Killarney, 2 in Lahinch, and last 2 in Dublin. we did have a bus and driver...spreading the cost over 11 made that simple and inexpensive.

Carts...Waterville will allow it. So will Doonbeg if it is a medical reason. I"m unsure if the rest of the trips allow it so you need to ask the tour operator.

My lady came over for the following week and we stayed at Adare Manor and it was magnificent...but, it was expensive and the golf is inland/parkland...it wouldn't feel like Ireland links golf at all. Just a fair warning

you should have a great time together...best of luck. email enclosed if you have further questions or want Conn's phone #...they're already putting together 2025 trips so you're smart to get cracking so you can get good tee times

Replies: