Southern Accents (not Brian Kelly's)
by Bill Melton (2024-04-20 12:21:43)

I heard this Dolly Parton cover of Tom Petty's Southern Accents the other day. Things got a little misty.

Here is the Tom Petty original:

Johnny Cash Version

Spent a couple of days at Dollywood this past spring break
by graNDfan  (2024-04-21 09:24:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And while I was not a fan of hers growing up she sure has an incredible business sense, and an incredible sense of giving and humbleness. What she’s done for children’s education and the region is admirable.

I did not realize she turned down the Presidential honor because she felt that the focus needed to be on the pandemic.

Ugh. Give me Tom 100x out of 100
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2024-04-20 22:39:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I grew up listening to Petty. Southern Accents was the coolest album I had heard to that point. Still has a hold over me when I hear it. I appreciate that she wanted to cover it, but, you can't recreate that song. Petty owns it.

So I met this little gal the other day on an online dating
by 93NationalChampions  (2024-04-20 20:46:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

site. We had texted back and forth. Cute little Jewish gal from Coral Springs living in Atlanta now. She had creeped my facebook so she knew most details. I’m an open book. She said she’s never laughed so much. On our first telephone conversation I was my normal jovial witty self. Let’s just say my accent was more than she could handle. She said more than once I text nothing like I sound. I never heard back and of course I never followed up. Being members of different tribes probably played a role but my accent didn’t help I’m sure. It happens.

Great cover.
by sluredandstumbly  (2024-04-20 20:45:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for posting. Not many of us here who will appreciate and understand.

Only when I'm either tired or angry according to my wife. *
by socal_doubledomer74  (2024-04-20 15:19:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Southern accents (link)
by Molly Maguires  (2024-04-20 12:59:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post