In the evening of April 18, 1775...
by mkovac (2024-04-18 11:27:22)
Edited on 2024-04-18 11:28:59

How many people do you see in this Grant Wood painting?

At least 15 *
by ndtnguy  (2024-04-18 14:16:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Eleven. (and slight hijack)...
by ArasEra  (2024-04-18 11:51:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In memory of April 19, 1775:

Not a hijack at all. Thank you.
by mkovac  (2024-04-18 12:02:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very nice.

It's hard to imagine the risk the men and women (and their children) faced when they took up the banner of The American Revolution, taking on the power and influence of the, at the time, most powerful nation in the known world.

"Standing tall, straight, and unwavering, they pledged: “For the support of this declaration, with firm reliance on the protection of the divine providence, we mutually pledge to each other, our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor.'”

Today is my older brother's 77th birthday. Every year, on his birthday, my father would recite the first few lines of "The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere" to him at the breakfast table. My father was almost always gone, out to the ranch, by the time we kids all got up and got ready for school. But, he was always there at breakfast for our 4 birthdays. It was always special to see him at our round, lazy susan, table on those mornings.

Wonderful memories of your father, especially your older
by ArasEra  (2024-04-19 17:36:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

brother's birthday and the recitation of "The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere".

I distinctly see 11 people
by trout  (2024-04-18 11:43:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can see lanterns in the far right background that may be other people.

There may be others behind the lit windows in some of the houses.