A guy named Ea-nāṣir wants to sell me copper. Any thoughts? *
by SteveM (2024-04-17 17:33:50)

This user did not provide content for this post

Maybe the most famous copper salesman in history? *
by MackerelSnappingAnarchist  (2024-04-18 18:09:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Raises a board-type question
by SteveM  (2024-04-18 19:08:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If your name would be remembered 4,000 years later ... but it was only because it was in a bad review of your professional abilities or business ... would you take that deal?

For those wondering what we are talking about, see the link.

I'm only familiar with Nigerian princes with money to give
by SWPaDem  (2024-04-18 13:07:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

away coupled with family tragedy.

His Brother is a Saudi Prince. He handles all of my finances
by Frank Drebin  (2024-04-18 09:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seems like he’s from a really talented family. Although, I never have actually met the guy. Just need to wire my funds to an account in Ghana for tax purposes. Ezzeee Pezzeee!

Copper thiefs are a problem around here.
by mkovac  (2024-04-17 18:03:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm in Bakersfield, Kern County.

Our area has a lot of farmland. The carrot company I used to work for has a lot of its growing area around here, but also up in the Lancaster/Palmdale area of Los Angeles County. They also have acreage in the Cuyama Valley, which straddles Santa Barbara County and San Luis Obispo County.

I used to have to deal with water, electrical, and political authorities in all those areas. The company also suffered copper wire losses from their electrical motors that powered many of the pumps for the water wells.

For the most part, the electric motors were not protected in cages. Anyone who wanted to steal copper could use a bolt cutter to gain access even if chain link cages were maintained.

Not all copper thiefs get away scot free. One time, a guy electrocuted himself to death trying to steal copper wire from one of the company's electric motors. I don't know the details. It happened before I started there in 2004.

Some people...

Multi-year problem with St. Paul streetlamps.
by PWK2  (2024-04-18 11:02:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hundreds of them out due to stolen wire.