Diminished value is an element of a property damage claim
by knutesteen (2024-04-16 00:40:00)

In reply to: Hopefully, but California tends to be very special. Hence my  posted by kellykapowski

You are entitled to be made whole by the tortfeasor, and if even after full repair the vehicle has less value upon resale, that should be part of your compensation. If need be, get an estimate of the "stigma" from the repair shop or your dealer to show the reduction in fair market value due to that collision and resultant stigma.

I was being facetious, but from what I have heard, it’s not
by kellykapowski  (2024-04-16 00:44:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

easy in CA, especially with State Farm… particularly when there are no injuries. I just don’t want I lose a significant amount of value in my special snowflake car. When I bought my first one, it had a catastrophic engine failure within an hour of leaving the lot. I was made whole and purchased another one. As dysfunctional as this sounds, I want to keep it… and it’s had issues since.

I remember the story
by knutesteen  (2024-04-16 00:53:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just quantify the diminished value claim and assert it. If they say no, return here and we'll figure it out. I cannot provide anyone with legal advice, since I'm no longer an attorney. 😁