The hotel booked our tour guides for us and we went...
by Cavanaugh82 (2024-04-15 11:09:29)

In reply to: Anyone have recommendations for Egypt?  posted by goirish89

to the proper tourist sites but also had stops at the "Perfume Museum" and "Flying Carpet Museum" which were glorified gift shops selling their obligatory specialities. Make sure to avoid those.

In Cairo the drivers use their horns instead of turn signals and don't really care if anyone else hears or sees them. I found it amusing but some of the more cautious members were slightly distressed. Don't be alarmed if you see various large animal (larger than deer) carcasses not far off the road either.

The passageway going into the pyramid is slightly claustrophobia inducing at at the very end there is nothing but a large chamber, anything of interest was stolen many years ago. Only go inside if you really just want to say that you were there.

I've traveled to more than 60 countries and all kinds of luxury and economy hotels and the only place that I came back from with an acquired parasitic infection was from eating 1 piece of fruit from the gift basket in the high-end Egyptian hotel. Just sayin'.