Given the ultimate goal we have
by mikeybates (2017-05-07 22:12:46)

In reply to: About the worst draw we could've received  posted by ShermanOaksND

I'm not annoyed. We've done everything you can do other than win a title. We're going to have to beat top teams to win a title. We can either play great and make this the year or not.

Last year I was sort of 'expecting' a title. I thought we had all the pieces. At this point all we can do is continue making the tourney and hope it works out at some point.

I think I feel the same way
by flanner96  (2017-05-07 22:45:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I definitely thought last year would be the year. Heck, had come out of OT against Denver in '15, there's no doubt in my mind we would have one. This year, I didn't know what to expect and now that we're dealing with injuries, who knows what will happen?

Only two teams have made the tournament the last 12 years. Us, and Maryland. I'll take that kind if consistency.

Also
by tf86  (2017-05-12 13:03:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We've advanced at least to the quarterfinal round in each of the last 7 years. That's the longest active streak by far. Next longest is Maryland, who has been to the quarterfinals in each of the last 3 seasons.

That kind of consistency is outstanding. But we still don't have a brass ring. I'm with you -- I had a good feeling about winning the tournament each of the last two years, but it didn't happen. I don't have a good feeling about winning this year's tournament, due to the injuries as well as the increased parity in the field. We're capable of beating any team in the field, but we're also capable of losing to most of the teams in the field. Everything considered, I just don't have a good feeling about the likelihood of stringing four wins in a row together. But stranger things have happened.

Have to improve faceoff capability to win a NC....
by Wolfetone  (2017-05-08 14:38:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm surprised that faceoffs remain an on-going concern annually.

And performance in man up situations *
by tf86  (2017-05-09 14:18:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post