If Costabile can be a reliable 4th option on offense
by flanner96 (2017-02-18 17:45:53)

...we're going to cause a lot of problems for people. We're deeper than I thought we were on O. The D will need to pick it up some, but I expect that to come with some of the new guys getting more playing time.

It's going to be an interesting season, that's for sure.

But can he do a Canadian Egg Roll?
by molecular  (2017-02-20 12:09:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bart Simpson can.......

We might be...
by Porpoiseboy  (2017-02-20 00:28:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

able just to let Ryder score 17 per game. Perk, get some shots if you can!

Overall mediocre performance.
by Fightorflight  (2017-02-19 22:20:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Despite dominating face offs and therefore possessions, the game was much closer than it should have been. Ryder Garnsey is truly special. His imagination, originality, and vision are extraordinary. I have watched a plethora of lacrosse. I can't think of another play in which the a player came from X, continued toward the center of the field, drawing the goalie away from the near side pipe, switching hands to shoot effectively going away from the goal. It is difficult to explain why that was such a spectacular goal. ND needs to create some plays to get Perkovic more involved. And Perkovic needs to look to the middle for Wynn or Garnsey when he draws a double team or slide. His field vision leaves much to be desired. Doss was mediocre at best and there appeared to be some communication issues on defense. 42 for Georgetown was bold and took every opening. He is a great player but I never saw any defensive adjustments for him. Coach Byrne tends to prefer a base defense, but sometimes you need to adapt. I never saw any changes in philosophy guarding him. They will be a dangerous team and barring injuries should be a favorite to make Championship weekend. Goalie play will determine a great dea.

A couple of those shots were absurd. They here at times
by Steelhop  (2017-02-20 18:56:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You don't expect a shot. They were fast and on cage. Almost nothing Doss could do it it was on cage and didn't hit him. He wasn't going to stop those shots.

I kept rewinding to watch that goal over and over.
by Hog84  (2017-02-20 10:29:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was it Garnsey who earlier in the first quarter had his back to the goal, picked up a bouncing ball and in one fluid motion shot it over his head on goal without looking?

We've got two first time starters on D...
by flanner96  (2017-02-19 22:29:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...their improvement throughout the season will be a big factor in how deep we ultimately go in the tourney.