Post Reply to Back Room

This is not a vent board or any other kind of therapy. Before you hit the POST button, ask yourself if your contribution will add to the level of discussion going on.

Important notes on articles:

Handle:
Password:
Subject:

HTTP Link (optional):

Poster's Email (optional):

Post being replied to

I could really use some video capturing/editing advice. by ndtiger

This is for work, and I'll preface this by saying I work for a library, so my budget is very small.

Ok, I am apparently the Library's videographer on top of my actual job, and there's a growing list of YouTube videos we want to make. Little snippets of our services, highlights of our collection, etc. Right now I am not pleased with the quality of our videos, which I attribute to old cameras (Canon Vixia HV30). I went so far as to film our latest video with my wife's GSIII.

To exacerbate the situation, my software editing choices are Adobe Premiere CS5, Windows Movie Maker, Camtasia 7 or iMovie HD 6 (running on my OS X 10.6 Mac). I hate Macs, but the Canon will only import on the Mac. It takes me hours of praying and cursing to import on iMovie, then I take my mp4s and go work in Movie Maker. Nothing plays well with anything else, and it's a giant cluster to work with 10 minutes of damn video.

So in realizing I need new 1080p cameras, I've also realized that I need to think about my software before I buy. Can anyone give me guidance on a camera/software combo that I can rely on for simple 1080p YouTube videos? Let's pretend I could get $1,000 to spend, and ideally I'd love two cameras so I could do some different angles.