Cubs fans
by HTownND (2024-03-21 11:43:50)
Edited on 2024-03-21 11:46:29

How did I not know this

Mark Prior is the pitching coach for the Dodgers? And has been for years?

I was very glad...
by John@Indy  (2024-03-22 09:19:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...that he got a ring before Dusty fucking Baker, who we're now supposed to regard as a cool grandpa rather than a ruiner of arms.

syntax
by bizdomer09  (2024-03-22 12:28:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You've conjured an image I wish never once entered my mind but now can not be undone. An alternative approach to consider: your chosen expletive can be very effective when placed as a middle name. Ask the many New England area fans of Bucky Dent.

heh.
by John@Indy  (2024-03-22 21:31:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fixed.

Aaron Boone is an expletive, too *
by Scoop80  (2024-03-22 18:27:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You must get snacks during the pitching changes.
by DomerJon  (2024-03-21 23:37:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah he's been there a while now. I really thought he was going to be something special as a cub. Unfortunately the injuries never allowed for it.

"perfect mechanics"
by cujays96  (2024-03-22 11:23:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was present when he pitched one of his best games in 2004 at the end of the season. He struck out 16 in 9 innings with one earned run, a HR by Austin Kearns. His stuff was filthy that day with a lot of backward Ks. The Cubs were in must win mode to get the wild card with the Braves coming to town to finish the season the next day. Alas, they lost and missed the playoffs.

I'm not sure it was his mechanics.
by ndroman21  (2024-03-22 16:14:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All of his injuries early were blunt force injuries....first the collision with Giles at first base, then the line drive off of his elbow.

The Cubs kept rushing him back, which may have resulted in altered mechanics and more issues down the line.

Yup, been the coach for years *
by wiNDycityfan  (2024-03-21 16:12:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post