I wonder if the Dodgers will go undefeated this season
by Jvan (2024-03-20 09:45:07)

I know a billion dollars doesn’t go as far as it used to, but geez.

As a Dodgers fan, I have a bad feeling about this season.
by usaf_irish  (2024-03-22 13:06:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We’re trying to spend our way out of injuries and prospects who haven’t panned out. On top of that, I think that the Braves are still a better team. If they can avoid another mental meltdown in the postseason again, I have a hard time seeing anyone beat them.

I wouldn’t bet on it. *
by No Right Turn on Red  (2024-03-21 08:02:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

certainly not 4.5 million dollars *
by jt  (2024-03-21 17:49:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m sort of rooting for Yamamoto to be a bust *
by Jvan  (2024-03-21 10:39:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thankfully he looked like one today.
by voidoid  (2024-03-21 10:47:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not saying the Pads would have won yesterday, but the grounder-thru-the-mitt on an easy double play ball would have at least ended the inning at 2-2.

Nice the see the bats come alive today. The Padre bullpen looks like it might be terrifyingly bad.

The betting headlines isn't what MLB wanted on Opening Day. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2024-03-21 00:37:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had no idea the season started today.
by bizdomer09  (2024-03-20 13:12:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I get that these international series are good for the game and exposure, but I don't like an uneven start to the season. There's still a week of spring training. I miss the old days of Monday-Tuesday opening day for everyone, with a home game for Cincinnati on Monday as part of that.

Re the game itself... I've never seen a ball go through a glove like that before. Still don't understand how that happened. You see guys look at their glove after an error, which is kind of ridiculous. But not in this case. See link for reference to what I'm talking about here.

while this is not an attempt to bring back the daily
by kdh325  (2024-03-20 17:22:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Mostly Worthless", etc,etc, I just read, and find it very interesting and curious that Sandy Koufax, the greatest pitcher from my childhood (sadly, I am as old as Sprack), had exactly one Opening Day start, shutting out the Cardinals in 1964. Don Drysdale started six times, and others included Johnny Podres and Claude Osteen.

You're not getting off that easy
by Charlie Hough  (2024-03-21 10:23:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You are right, that's crazy Koufax had only one opening start.

But who had the most opening day starts?

Seaver (link)
by IrishintheD  (2024-03-21 11:19:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

i would've guessed Nolan Ryan. Only because he pitched
by kdh325  (2024-03-21 20:24:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for 27 years.

What kind of a cheapy glove was that?
by sprack  (2024-03-20 14:50:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The ball wasn't even hit that hard.

I have seen it a few times the last few years with the Astro
by Radi-skull  (2024-03-20 16:05:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe two years ago with aledmys diaz and last year with Jeremy Pena.

Someone else had one go about halfway through the webbing but fortunately got stuck for the out.