Some renderings leaked out now
by dwjm3 (2024-01-18 16:49:27)

In reply to: Reinsdorf in talks to build a new stadium at Roosevelt and  posted by dwjm3

I'm guessing Related pitched Jerry on this

Some fan couldn't have drawn these up in a couple hours

The problem with the third picture...
by El Kabong  (2024-01-19 10:55:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...is it hand-waves away the massive railroad yard on the west side of the river. You won't be able to do anything on that side because that would be impossible to relocate easily.

I'm wondering if the architecture firm didn't
by dwjm3  (2024-01-19 11:04:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

bother to render the railroad yard because they felt that wasn't part of the build site.

It seemed like picture 3 was designed to show the site in relation to downtown.

Where is ndroman when we need him. I think he does this stuff.

Those renderings ...
by CJC  (2024-01-19 09:48:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

are way too awesome to allow Reinsdorf anywhere near the project to inevitably fuck it up.

I live in Little Italy; there's got to be someone in the neighborhood who could "clean things up."

I didn’t know you live in Little Italy
by sprack  (2024-01-19 12:56:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did they make you buy some vowels before they allowed you in?

It's people like me ...
by CJC  (2024-01-19 13:27:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

who make it possible for people like them to hoard so many vowels.

I have you beat, barely...
by Kbyrnes  (2024-01-21 11:00:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...One of our daughters asked me, many years ago, if our last names had two vowels. "Ah...actually, one vowel, and one semi-vowel." I think we'd get about the same pronunciation if it was spelled Brnz.

That would be similar to a city in CJC's ancestral home
by sprack  (2024-01-22 12:11:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Where the capital of Moravia is Brno.

But I think my favorite Czech surname is "Vlk" (which means "wolf", by the way).

Related is scheduled to meet with the alderman whose
by dwjm3  (2024-01-19 10:38:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

district covers this lot. It appears they are running point on this project. I pray to God they can get it over the finish line. It would be transformational for the club.

Transformational sure
by Charlie Hough  (2024-01-19 11:08:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In that you'd get more people to come.

But transformational in that they'd win more games? I don't see anything changing until the Reinsdorf family is no longer part of the organization.

This will increase the club's
by dwjm3  (2024-01-19 11:21:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

revenue in my view which is always a good thing given that baseball doesn't have a hard salary cap.

Given that Jerry is 87 I tend to look past him at this point. This stadium would put the next ownership group is really nice position to deliver a quality product on the field. Jerry would like it as it would likely drive up the value of the franchise before he sells.

I'm curious about this
by HTownND  (2024-01-29 10:33:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How will this generate more revenue? How can this be a margin plus?

I mean, they have one of the best/most favorable leases in all of MLB. Even if they get more ticket revenue, how much more, and will it cover the delta in costs to play there, which would have to go up.

Just curious how this is a big net win for the White Sox?

From the link, they are middle of the road for revenue from ticket sales, and not so far behind the top 5 ($113M versus $141M) that a new stadium will make a huge difference. I mean if they want to charge Cubs prices, they can try, but even in a new park, it's always going to be different than Wrigley, who has always drawn fans, even when the team sucks (and they get the ancillary roof top revenue too). They'd have to go over the Cubs ticket prices, given attendance, to get to an additional $30M a year in ticket sales.

Like I said, I'm just curious, not saying you are wrong, but that's just not how I've viewed the White Sox situation (as a local resident who doesn't cheer for either team).