San Diego has zero championships in any sport aside
by voidoid (2024-01-02 13:37:22)

In reply to: Current leader in the clubhouse is the Twin Cities  posted by DakotaDomer

from indoor soccer*, and three of our four major franchises have skipped town entirely: the Chargers in the NFL and the Rockets and Clippers in the NBA.

* the San Diego Sockers absolutely dominated the NASL/MISL, winning ten championships in eleven seasons from 1982 to 1992.

The HoSM might also skip town if we select
by SixShutouts66  (2024-01-06 23:36:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

San Diego.

But the weather is so pleasant! *
by voidoid  (2024-01-07 20:37:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe Spanos will hire Swarbrick as his next GM *
by Jvan  (2024-01-02 19:29:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They certainly deserve each other. *
by voidoid  (2024-01-02 19:45:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's not sustained then
by DakotaDomer  (2024-01-02 13:50:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's no one around to still be mediocre

And the number of seasons of mediocrity isn't as high

47 SD Chargers seasons
54 SD Padres seasons
4 SD Rockets seasons
6 SD Clippers seasons

111 seasons

Minnesota has spent 32 years in the darkness with 4 teams playing the 4 sports almost (7 years without hockey) every season. That's 120 straight seasons ending without a trophy/parade/etc

I don't believe they even have a conference/league title in those 32 years to celebrate. If you remove the Twins 2 titles in 4 years you have to go all the way back to the Minnesota Lakers in the mid-50s. That team was far too successful to stick in Minnesota and rightly headed to Hollywood.

This site gives MSP (118 seasons) a slim "win" over Buffalo
by G.K.Chesterton  (2024-01-02 15:26:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(117 seasons).

I had no idea New York City was 4th on the list.

Wow, there's an internet search for everything
by DakotaDomer  (2024-01-02 16:48:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've hand calculated that number several times for no reason I guess.