Very possibly easy athlete trivia.
by G.K.Chesterton (2017-07-17 15:15:05)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Fantasy Sports ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

- I am the only person to be named a high school first team All-American in football, basketball, and baseball.

- I played at the MLB level while in college and am still the youngest player in my club's franchise history to hit a home run.

- However, I completely shifted gears after a few years and went another direction, picking up two rings while playing over ten years in a different pro sport altogether.

Who am I?

Note: I have one other hint I will drop later if not solved. It's the first fact that I found interesting.

Wild guess
by art fern  (2017-07-17 20:07:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Danny Ainge

2nd guess John Elway

Guess
by John Conley  (2017-07-17 15:26:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Danny Ainge?

That would be my guess *
by NDJunky  (2017-07-17 16:20:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both guesses are correct.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-07-17 17:56:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I find it fascinating nobody else has ever pulled off the trifecta.

Did Digger, Devine, and Kelly ever recruit
by art fern  (2017-07-18 14:13:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ainge? I know he was a Mormon, but Punky QB was a Catholic and went to BYU.

Back then you typically found out who was being recruited
by sprack  (2017-07-18 18:04:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when they announced who signed on signing day.

Who knows.

The first I heard of recruiting, other than when the recruit
by art fern  (2017-07-19 11:12:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

s signed a LOI, is Dave Batton, who gave his verbal a year before. Don't remember the section for which it was posted as it was posted on the bulletin board outside of every sections.

From there on, it was Katy bar the door. For, recruiting was big business.

I'm sure Ainge's recruitment was to be found on Terranova. Was Lemming or Emfinger around for Ainge's recruitment? Was there a basketball recruiting guru at the time of Ainge?

Color me surprised that sprack doesn't know (ha). Maybe Olson will know.

I'm not that into recruiting. Don't be surprised. However
by sprack  (2017-07-19 18:18:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I do remember, now that you mention it, recruiting news for basketball for the big stars. Digger was trying to get Magic Johnson, for example. I heard about Kelly Tripucka from guys in the dorm from NY.

But I didn't know anyone who was a recruiting junky back then. Or that there were such people.

Joe Mauer was close
by stetsondan  (2017-07-18 12:20:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was a high school All-American in baseball and football (USA Today national Player of the Year in both) and two-time All-State in basketball.

A .220 BA and .533 OPS made him rethink his career options
by sprack  (2017-07-17 18:53:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But that's OK, he wasn't that good a fielder either.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.