If I were a Cubs fan who hated the Sox and lived in Chicago
by bizdomer09 (2017-07-14 00:25:29)
Edited on 2017-07-14 00:33:41
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Fantasy Sports ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: My die-hard Cubs friend at work loathes the deal because  posted by G.K.Chesterton

then I could see myself being concerned about being haunted years down the road by the Cubs former top prospect roaming the outfield as a perennial all star for the White Sox. Eloy could end up being that good. The reality for me as a fan is that I don't mind the Sox and I don't live in Chicago, so I don't really care that they dealt with them. The two teams are in different leagues and play each other just a few times a year. Not a competitive rival to shy away from trading with for any logical reason, as I see it.

As we've discussed in this thread, I, along with most others, disagree with your friend in his assessment of Quintana. Linked is a nice article in fangraphs that outlines evidence in favor of Quintana as a quality starter better than I can. I hope we and Theo are right on this one - not another Garza, please. I'm optimistic.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.