Could the Cubs have thrown in someone like Almora and
by 1978Irish (2017-07-13 19:13:22)
Edited on 2017-07-13 19:56:23
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Fantasy Sports ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Geez, man, look at Quintana's career stats  posted by sprack

gotten Sale last winter? I am just curious, because I would much rather have gotten Sale. Maybe that wouldn't have been enough given the Red Sox offer.

I would almost have been in favor of the Cubs trading Arrieta and keeping the prospects and trying to sign free agent starters over the winter.

I think Arrieta wants too much money and more importantly years. He has had 1 great year (2015), 1 very good year (2016), 1 good year (2014) and 1 OK year. I don't think you give him $150 million 2 years for him

I might be OK with regrouping in 2018. I think the Cubs need more than Quintana to win the Division in 2017. I know he is a nice pitcher and under control for a couple years, but I would rather buy pitching in the off-season than give up a top 10 outfield prospect.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.