Absolutely. It was clearly a stronger league overall
by sprack (2017-07-12 13:04:07)
Edited on 2017-07-12 13:09:38
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Fantasy Sports ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: I think the National League's dominance in the 1960's  posted by 1978Irish

I'm not sure about now, but in the days before interleague play, I don't think the All-Star game trends were a fluke at all but a true reflection of the relative strengths of the leagues. The AL dominated from the 30's through the 50's, the NL dominated in the 60's and 70's, and then the AL came right back in the 80's, in no small part because they learned to sign more black and Latin players, too.

The World Series winners remained about even between the leagues, though, through the entire time, even in the long Yankee domination era when taken as a whole. As it was put long ago by one of the NL greats from that time when asked about that exact thing (All-star dominance vs. the World Series results - maybe Mays, maybe Aaron, someone of that stature) - "baseball is a team game".

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.