It was painful as an AL fan in the 60's and 70's
by sprack (2017-07-12 09:38:31)
Edited on 2017-07-12 09:44:41
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Fantasy Sports ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Now that I'm too old to care, 23-6-1.  posted by CJC

Back when there was no interleague play, it was a very big deal. As you guys both know all too well, it was as if the Cubs beat the Sox almost every year.

They mentioned multiple times last night the 15 inning 1967 game, which was won by Tony Perez's home run. I watched that whole game. That game and the 1970 game which ended with Pete Rose bowling over Ray Fosse hurt as bad as any ND loss.

Now it's just the players having fun, though last night they did play hard. But back then, it was taken as seriously by the players as the World Series.

It's incredible that the all-time record is tied again after all these years. But I'm too old to care also. I couldn't have cared less who won last night. I'm actually happy about that.

One thing I will say, though - man, there is a lot of great young talent in baseball right now.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.