Eh
by CanadianKid (2017-06-30 14:06:40)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Fantasy Sports ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: And certain people in the Edmonton media don't like the deal  posted by dentonfreeman

I think it's an overpayment considering most of the years covered would be RFA years. Under the current CBA, I think Tarasenko and Ekblad had the highest AAV's out of ELC at $7.5.

It's a higher percentage of the cap than Crosby's second contract, which was given at a time when everyone (rightly) assumed the cap would consistently rise. I'm not sure the cap is going to go up that much over the life of this deal.

Between the Lucic and Russell contracts, the Reinhart trade, selling Eberle at his lowest point, even buying out Pouliot after one bad year...I'm not too concerned about an Oilers dynasty.

I know no one uses offer sheets lest they incur the wrath of the old boys club, but there are a few teams that I think should explore that with Draisaitl.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.