OBP change to THE SHOW
by bsuryn (2017-02-21 15:25:46)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Fantasy Sports ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

i noticed that we have switched to OBP from BA. My only problem with the switch is findings projection/rankings that utilize OBP.

Any suggestions?

Easy emough to change. What do people want? *
by Shillelagh  (2017-02-23 06:23:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

4 BA votes shown lower in this thread *
by bsuryn  (2017-02-23 14:24:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

OBP *
by Irishvol  (2017-02-23 08:17:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When did that happen and why?
by sprack  (2017-02-21 15:35:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who decided that?

Poll below. (link)
by No Right Turn on Red  (2017-02-21 15:39:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The polls should be by league, not by all three collectively
by sprack  (2017-02-21 16:22:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And not everyone checks this board every day, or even every week.

There's such a thing as a quorum, also.

I agree. Was just pointing it out.
by No Right Turn on Red  (2017-02-21 16:24:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's what league message boards are for. We're using the message board in the Farm to determine draft date/time.

That's fine, but there's no email notification from
by sprack  (2017-02-21 16:30:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the league message boards, so if there have been any in the Show, I wouldn't know.

As bsuryn says below, two people from the Show voted and it was split. There shouldn't be a change in the rules based on that.

And as he also points out, it's much harder to find rankings based on OBP, and I know I'm not alone in that I really don't have the time to chase that stuff down. Yes, for statistical evaluation purposes in the real world of baseball OBP is a much better stat. But that's not the point of all this. If the majority want the change, fine, but only two people even responded.

Are there any SHOW members who voted in that poll?
by bsuryn  (2017-02-21 15:51:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

i don't recognize any.

edit: i see 2 SHOW members voting(NDKevin & Tubes) with a 1-1 vote.

should we not have a full SHOW vote before switching?

i have been unable to find free usable rankings that use OBP, and the Yahoo rankings do not use them.

I voted OBP *
by JC  (2017-02-23 12:45:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We absolutely should. And I don't like the change to OBP
by sprack  (2017-02-21 16:21:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for the same reason you don't. So that's my vote right there. I'll go with the consensus, if there is one, but I haven't seen any such consensus.

I vote batting average *
by Son of Galway  (2017-02-22 00:15:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I vote batting average as well. *
by 4Horsemen  (2017-02-22 09:48:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

i vote BA
by bsuryn  (2017-02-22 11:54:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

just because cannot locate free available info on OBP.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.