Near-broke NFL Cardinals franchise trivia question.
by G.K.Chesterton (2017-02-16 14:05:53)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Fantasy Sports ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

(Stolen from PFT)

Since 1920, the Cardinals have only had two head coaches who coached six or more years in a row with the team. Can you name the two coaches?

Hint: Both coaches are still alive (sourcing from Wiki). Also, both coaches had sub-.500 records with the Cardinals so no, Bruce Arians is not one of the answer.

P.S. I had forgotten Curly Lambeau coached the Cardinals for one year.

Answer can be found at the link.

How long was Ken Whisenhunt there? *
by Groundhog  (2017-02-17 02:21:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ding, ding, ding. That's the other one. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-02-17 11:48:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A related Cards trivia item (and something for art fern)...
by Kbyrnes  (2017-02-16 23:49:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...The founder and longtime owner of the Cards, Chris O'Brien, could have claimed the 1925 NFL title when their top competitor in the standings, the Pottsville Maroons, was suspended from the NFL for playing an exhibition game in Philly, in territory that was allocated to another NFL team. Pottville played...a team of Notre Dame All-Stars (former ND players). See the link and scroll down for the rosters from that super-trivial game.

art fern, my dad grew up a Chicago Cardinals fan, and was never completely satisfied over their move to St. Louis in 1960. "Halas drove 'em out of town!" The twist: the Cards' founder, Chris O'Brien, was in Chicago first; when Halas wanted to move the Staleys to Chicago in 1922, he had to get permission from O'Brien. Hope they paid him enough!

My guess
by art fern  (2017-02-16 23:10:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would have guessed Dennis Green and Don Coryell, but they are both dead.

I am guessing Jim Hannifan (I don't know whether he's alive or dead.) and the guy before Bruce Arians of which I am unsure of his name but he's still coaching (I think.).

My uncles and cousins were big Cardinals' fans. However they never forgave the team from moving out of St Louis.

You are correct regarding...
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-02-16 23:24:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...Hannifan.

I also would have guessed Coryell.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.