Favorite fantasy baseball league formats?
by doug dascenzo (2017-02-15 10:48:17)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Fantasy Sports ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

My primary league is a 10-person, snake draft, head to head league with 5 keepers. We've been playing this format for more than a decade and want some variety, so we're adding a second league.

We know we want to try auction style, but after that we're open. Roto? More/fewer/zero keepers?

What are your favorite formats and why?

No Cubs allowed
by Go_Crazy_Folks  (2017-02-15 15:25:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My family league is all Cardinals fans. I'm sure this post will invite replies that Cardinals fans are obsessed with the Cubs, which is probably true, but we had a problem where the Cubs were getting drafted irrationally late because most of us didn't want to have conflicts of emotion between our real team and our fantasy team. The same could be said for Ryan Braun, Jonathan Papelbon, etc., but creating a list of undraftable assholes would be subjective and dumb.

So last year, we made all Cubs ineligible. The fun part was when Chapman got traded at the deadline, and my brother had to drop him.

If you ever wondered why Kris Bryant and Jake Arrieta are only 99% owned, it's because people like me.

That could be a fun, evil twist.
by No Right Turn on Red  (2017-02-16 12:54:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Each year there is one team you can't have any players from, chosen randomly. However, that random team is not chosen until after the draft has been completed.

Angels get selected? Too bad, whoever drafted Mike Trout.

Or no players from teams after AS Break under .400 win % *
by Go_Crazy_Folks  (2017-02-16 14:15:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Switch up how your waiver wire works.
by No Right Turn on Red  (2017-02-15 13:43:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Give each team an "allowance" to spend on players that hit the waiver wire. Managers blindly submit how much they want to spend on a player on the wire. If he's the highest bidder, he gets the player.

Its called FAAB Bidding.
by jakam31  (2017-02-16 15:18:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And it is the best way to do WW transactions.

I'd love to see this in the NDNation leagues *
by elterrible  (2017-02-15 15:28:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.