today's mostly worthless trivia
by kdh325 (2017-02-09 22:02:05)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Fantasy Sports ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

this former major league mvp once scored 48 points in a college basketball game against UNC, the most ever scored on the Tarheels by one player in one game.

My guess
by art fern  (2017-02-10 15:16:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lou Boudreau

My wild guess: Dave Winfield. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-02-10 10:30:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that was my initial thought too, but FN is right below *
by DBCooper  (2017-02-10 10:37:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Winfield was involved in a huge brawl in college.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-02-10 12:49:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fred Taylor pulled off Behagen who, according to Taylor, screamed, "Let me go, man, let me go." Dave Winfield, who recently joined the Gopher varsity, joined the fray, too, dodging to mid-court where some Minnesota reserves and civilians were trying to wrestle Ohio State substitute Mark Wagar to the floor. Winfield leaped on top of Wagar when he was down and hit him five times with his right fist on the face and head. When the stunned Wagar managed to slip away, a fan pushed him to the floor and another caught him on the chin with a hard punch from the side.

Winfield was lucky not to be suspended.

Another Pirate - Dick Groat *
by Father Nieuwland  (2017-02-09 23:18:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And that record was set long before the 3-pt line existed. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-02-11 16:59:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Helms Foundation POY his JR yr; UPI POY his SR yr. *
by kdh325  (2017-02-10 22:13:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.