All NFL seedings and game times are set (edited)
by ShermanOaksND (2017-01-01 19:46:00)
Edited on 2017-01-02 00:27:07
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Fantasy Sports ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

AFC seedings:

1. New England
2. Kansas City
3. Pittsburgh
4. Houston
5. Oakland
6. Miami

Wild card games:
Oakland at Houston, Saturday, 4:35 pm ET, ABC/ESPN
Miami at Pittsburgh, Sunday, 1:05 pm ET, CBS

Divisional Playoffs:
AFC Lower Seed at New England, Saturday 1/14, 8:15 pm ET, CBS
AFC Higher Seed at Kansas City, Sunday 1/15, 1:05 pm ET, NBC

NFC seedings:

1. Dallas
2. Atlanta
3. Seattle
4. Green Bay
5. New York Giants
6. Detroit

Wild card games:
Detroit at Seattle, Saturday, 8:15 pm ET, NBC
New York Giants at Green Bay, Sunday, 4:40 pm ET, Fox

Divisional Playoffs:
NFC Higher Seed at Atlanta, Saturday 1/14, 4:35 pm ET, Fox
NFC Lower Seed at Dallas, Sunday 1/15, 4:40 pm ET, Fox

I've never been so happy for an NFL regular season to end
by jt  (2017-01-02 01:53:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this football year (personal, ND, and SF) was just miserable all around. I really had to stop watching most of the ND and SF games and the parents for my son's team were so over the top it was ridiculous.

I am looking forward to watching some interesting playoff games.

Who are the Niners looking at for GM? Who do you want? *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-01-02 11:42:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they're trying to get the New England guys
by jt  (2017-01-02 11:47:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Caserio and McDaniel.Failing that, I think they will go after the Seattle guys (Cable as HC and one of the PP guys as GM).

Beyond that, I don't know. They're making noise about being sure that the GM and coach have a history of working together and will form a team. They've had issues with the GM and coach working against each other (starting with Singletary but especially with Harbaugh and then kelly) and the atmosphere has been toxic. You can see it now with both sides blaming each other on the way out the door. Just an awful situation run by a guy born on third base that thinks he hit a triple; Jed York is just the latest ND alum to let me down.

Well now I see that two GB folks are interviewing.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-01-03 11:38:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is speculation that Mark Murphy would prefer Russ Ball to replace Ted Thompson and doesn't mind letting Eliot Wolf walk away. Wolf was going to interview with the Lions last year but was blocked.

what I had heard
by jt  (2017-01-03 12:58:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is that Wolf was blocked last year because Detroit is in the same division and his dad got pretty pissed off and asked that he not be blocked this year.

They're going to get an upgrade pretty much no matter what they do; I see now that they're interviewing Riddick and he might be a good option. I think they actually have a chance to bounce back kind of quickly if they handle this right--they have a ton of cap space and high picks. They need to find a guy that can rush the passer (Aaron Lynch is a freaking dog) and they need to get at least one and possibly two ILB (depending on scheme). Other than that, defense is likely fine (despite rankings this year; Rex Ryan disciple as DC and scheme was shit). On offense they have a solid OL but they need playmakers at wr, depth at rb, and a solid qb. I think that the draft is pretty deep at rb and I think that they can address wr in free agency (along with ILB) relatively cheaply. It all comes down to coach and qb and then filling in the respective roles but the real wild card is in pass rusher; pretty much have to get that in the draft.

I have heard part of the press conference from yesterday
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-01-03 13:36:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and York doesn't come across well at all. In fact, PFT Live titled the first hour of their podcast today "49ers and Bills are dumpster fires".
It's interesting that two different "Ted Thompson will step aside" rumors appeared on Sunday.

At least they didn't draft Jared Goff, whose season Football Outsiders declared even worse than Kelly Stouffer's in 1992.

he should be better at these pressers by now
by jt  (2017-01-03 14:22:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

considering he does them every year.

He's really disliked by the bay area media, mainly because he comes across as an entitled brat but also because he always ignores them and leaks things directly to the national guys.

He refused to offer any comment on whether he had regrets
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-01-03 19:10:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

about getting rid of Harbaugh.

he's a moron
by jt  (2017-01-04 01:10:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he could have just said something like "we absolutely should have handled that situation better but now we need to look forward" and everything would have been fine. Instead he just dances around up there and embarrasses himself.

Again, I don't think the rebuild is that bad and the timing (only GM opening and complete clean slate) is a big positive. Also, the new stadium is built and the facilities are good.

Are you familar with Lowell Cohn?
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-01-05 22:17:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bob McGinn just quoted him as follows:

“Jed, so inept, so unprepared for his responsibilities, will lead the search for a new GM and head coach,” columnist Lowell Cohn wrote recently in the Santa Rosa Press Democrat. “God save us from Jed the searcher … Jed and his mother and father and the whole degraded ownership are the problem … who would work for Jed, the rich kid whose parents gave him a team?”

If you are a Niners fan, I recommend reading the linked story regarding Eliot Wolf.

Yes, hairpuller
by jt  (2017-01-09 11:27:04)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that doesn't mean that he's wrong in this instance, but the guy has been hated by generations of players (including Joe Montana and Dwight Clark). Loud mouth east coast relocated guy.

The Packers had a choice of either visiting the Seahawks
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-01-02 00:21:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

who eliminated them in an all-time collapse in 2014 or hosting a QB and his team that eliminated twice from the playoffs at Lambeau Field in 2007 and 2011. They now have the latter course to follow.

the Seahawks appear to be all over the place
by jt  (2017-01-02 11:49:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they were fighting on the sidelines yesterday and appear out of sorts but they certainly have talent that jumps out at you.

I just think that situation with how Carrol runs the show there runs a fine line between undisciplined and effective tension. When they don't have the right leadership things can start falling apart.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.