You almost never see the spinorama shot result in a goal.
by FtWorthIrish (2013-03-17 01:04:50)
Edited on 2013-03-17 01:05:30
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Fantasy Sports ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Almost.

Doesn't hurt that Dallas' defense is terrible but hey.

That is a nice one.
by captaineclectic  (2013-03-18 12:21:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Datsyuk had this, but points off for it being against Edmonton.

I like Dats' new strategy since he has to play with
by gowings1  (2013-03-19 07:15:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Abdelkader. Since Dats can't count on Abdelkader to finish on his own, Dats aims for Abdelkader body parts to bounce it off of. Worked nicely for two goals the other night. I do have to give Abdelkader credit for at least crashing the net.

I actually think we've had a pretty good week
by captaineclectic  (2013-03-19 07:30:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Helm setback is obviously discouraging.

The Quincey injury could hurt us, but combined with the Perry deal I think it's made a deadline move materially more likely (there had been rumors that Holland intended to keep space available to make a pitch at Perry -- and given the big offers last summer, I believed them.) The fact that Bertuzzi and Colaiacovo seem to be out for the year adds to that chance IMHO.

If you look at us statistically, we're one of the better five-on-five teams and we've corrected most of our PK issues (although losing Quincey hurts.) Our biggest problem (other than consistency) is the lack of a functioning second PP unit. Holland's basically indicated that he doesn't want a rental -- anyone we trade for has to make sense on the roster next year too -- but I think there are both defensemen (Bouwmeester, Boyle) and a few big fish forwards (Gaborik, Ribero) who fit the bill.

I agree, though I think this next road trip is just as big.
by gowings1  (2013-03-19 09:30:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Anything gained could all be lost within the next week. How weird is it to play the Ducks there, wait a day, and then play them again there. Did the playoffs start early and I missed it?

Definitely need someone to play point on the second powerplay and also a winger with a scoring touch to play with Dats. That's a lot, so if Holland can at least address one of the two it will be progress. Would love to get Gaborik to play with Dats, I would think that would be a great match. Not as big a fan of Ribero, never been impressed by him for some reason. Perry playing with Dats would have been awesome.

Eh, Perry was never going to happen
by captaineclectic  (2013-03-19 09:50:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

which is why I'm glad he signed...leaving that cap space for him would've been folly (as it's been every season since 2010).

Right now I'm also assuming we'll buy out Bertuzzi and Colaiacovo. Not playing for a year is probably enough to end Bert's career. Cola, well, it didn't work out. With Kronwall/Ericsson, Quincey/Smith, and Kindl/Lashoff, we don't really NEED a 2.5M guy. We need a top four guy to push Lashoff into the #7 role or we need Huskins as the #7.

Almost as cool as this (link)
by Siegfried08  (2013-03-17 17:47:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Filmed by Zapruder. *
by Rockbrig97  (2013-03-18 14:53:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can watch all three goals here. (link)
by LoungeTroll  (2013-03-19 01:33:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you say so. *
by JHND  (2013-03-17 19:21:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I love it, no matter how dizzy I get watching it *
by ShermanOaksND  (2013-03-17 13:06:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

[ w ]
by Rudy36  (2013-03-17 08:45:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Way to go Denis, er Patrick. I love the spinorama. *
by ndnorth  (2013-03-17 08:44:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The goalie's still looking for the puck even as I post this. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2013-03-17 03:30:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.