Shero > Craig Patrick? (link)
by sweeney's73 (2013-03-14 13:09:44)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Fantasy Sports ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Being a GM is easy when you're given a blank check
by TCIrish03  (2013-03-15 11:46:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Despite being a Penguins fan, I am not above pointing out the flaws of the early 90's.

Both 91/92 cup teams finished top 4 in scoring.......but also in the bottom 4 in goals allowed. Getting Ulf Samuelson and Tocchet was big. After that, there wasn't too much memorable; I don't recall giving up much for Nedved or Kovalev, but things never fully materialized with those 2.

Tom Barasso a "franchise goalie" with a 3.24 lifetime GAA and sub-0.900% ?? In 91/92 his numbers were 3.59/0.896 and 3.53/0.885 respectively. I know it was a different era, but look at Hextall, Belfour, Roy, Burke could stop the puck better.

Patrick had a lot of stinkers after '92
by strangebrew  (2013-03-14 14:11:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Giving up Markus Naslund for Alex Stojanov. Flipping Sergei Zubov to acquire Kevin Hatcher. Of the 5 or 6 players he got in return for Jagr and Kovalev, Mikael Samuelsson has had easily the best NHL career--and even he was traded away within a year or two to move up and draft Fleury.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.