Percy Harvin to the Seahawks.
by jakam31 (2013-03-11 13:30:28)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Fantasy Sports ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

For a 1st Round Pick. He will get a new contract as well.

Aren't Tate and Harvin very similar players?
by DakotaDomer  (2013-03-11 19:10:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are they really going to put the 2 of them on the field the majority of the plays?

Of course not

Tate needs to fart in Carroll's general direction

Golden is a MUCH stronger player.
by FtWorthIrish  (2013-03-11 19:55:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Harvin's proven himself to be injury prone throughout his career.

I'm sure Seattle gave up a first rounder
by DakotaDomer  (2013-03-12 07:40:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With the intention of slotting Harvin behind Tate.

I'm sure they plan on having Harvin as the starter.
by FtWorthIrish  (2013-03-12 08:41:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm just saying I think Golden is more durable and is better in jump ball situations as well. Harvin is a home run threat every time he touches the ball.

Which means Tate won't start and should get the hell out *
by DakotaDomer  (2013-03-12 09:25:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Harvin is quite a bit more explosive though *
by irishaddict  (2013-03-11 20:18:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's a fantastic deal for the Vikings.
by Beer30Light  (2013-03-11 14:12:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Harvin had one year left on his contract, hated Minnesota and has at least moderate durability concerns with his size and migraine issues...and Minnesota still managed to trade him for the 25th overall pick.

Why didn't Seattle wait a year and save themselves a draft pick? Or just sign Wallace or Jennings? They're going to wind up paying Harvin the same amount of money anyway. I get that he's younger and likely more appealing than those two as a result, but it still seems pretty foolish.

This also almost has to mean the Vikings will sign one of Wallace or Jennings.

I don't know that he's that much younger than Wallace
by jt  (2013-03-11 15:50:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is he? Either way, they're both young.

Harvin can play special teams at a high level and I don't know about Wallace (I think he is going to end up in Miami).

I agree that it is a fantastic deal for MN. I am surprised that Seattle made that deal but perhaps they think that the entirety of Harvin's game (special teams, some familiarity with zone/spread offenses from his time at Florida, etc) makes him worthwhile.

Wallace will be 27, Harvin 25 at the start of the season.
by Beer30Light  (2013-03-11 16:47:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That makes enough of a difference, I guess.

Depending on how his new deal is structured, Harvin could be a lot cheaper for potentially one year (this season he was due just $2.5M) before getting paid elite WR money, but I don't know if that one year discount is worth a 1st round pick, much less the throw-in 7th and conditional 2014 mid-round pick.

Harvin is clearly the better all-around player, but I rarely agree with teams parting with a first round pick, especially for a guy they'll have to pay a lot, too.

Not quite two years younger
by brewcitydomer  (2013-03-11 16:22:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Beer30 and I talked about it this morning - Harvin's value is the fact that he's only due $2.5M this season, which coincides with Seattle's open championship window.

yeah, I would imagine that first order of business
by jt  (2013-03-11 16:57:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for team percy will be to renegotiate that contract, as it was the source of a significant amount of his displeasure in MN (of course, the weather also likely contributed).

Good trade by the Vikings.
by Rockbrig97  (2013-03-11 14:03:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's hard to get draft pick value for a veteran player. Harvin is a dynamic player, but it was clear that he'd worn out his welcome in Minnesota. The Vikes could use his talent, without the headaches.

These are the things teams can do
by brewcitydomer  (2013-03-11 13:58:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when their quarterbacks cost $750k/year.

well, sort of
by jt  (2013-03-11 19:08:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

their backup qb makes up a decent amount of cap room, I would imagine.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.