Sitting next to the Wings penalty box. Go Jackets! *
by DillonFightSong (2013-03-09 15:12:04)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Fantasy Sports ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Even living in the state, I have never heard those two words
by Whitefieldwarrior  (2013-03-09 15:36:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Said together.

That's understandable.
by DillonFightSong  (2013-03-10 15:24:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I doubt NE Ohio has much of an appetite for another losing franchise. I'm bullish on the Jackets though. They're young and physical, they play hard, they have three first-rounders in the upcoming draft, and the conference move should generate more regional interest.

Having Davidson running the show is a big plus as well.
by whitefieldwarrior  (2013-03-10 19:31:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great place to watch a game. They're in a weird situation though. They could be going through a run like the Hawks just went on and still be page two news to anything going on with OSU sports.

It's a great place to watch a game in a cool area (bars, restaurants, etc.) I hope they can turn the corner.

There's more upside than that in terms of local interest...
by Naughman  (2013-03-11 14:18:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...but it's impossible to say exactly how much when the extent of the franchise's brush with the postseason over their entire existance amounts to a solitary three-game sweep defeat.

I tend to think that they could be a very good draw (frankly, most people are not that devoted to OSU basketball), but after what they've put everyone through for the past decade-plus, they're going to need to prove it over 3-to-5 years of sustained success.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.