For those of you with fantasies of signing Ryan Getzlaf
by dentonfreeman (2013-03-08 13:25:34)
Edited on 2013-03-08 13:28:56
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Fantasy Sports ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

this offseason, consider your fantasies dashed. He just signed an 8-year deal worth $8.25M/year in Anaheim.

And now I'm really wondering why the owners were willing to die on the hill of lowered salaries and term limits. I think this contract gives Getzlaf the fifth highest cap hit in the NHL.

Woo! *
by Tony  (2013-03-08 20:20:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Get$ky *
by Beer30Light  (2013-03-08 14:36:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wow.
by captaineclectic  (2013-03-08 14:12:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think this must mean Perry's gone, right? I can't imagine him getting that number unless the Ducks were absolutely desperate to retain one of the two.

They could resign Perry and trade Ryan.
by dentonfreeman  (2013-03-08 14:29:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ryan is attractive trade bait. Also I imagine Jonas Hiller won't be on the team much longer (I think he makes $4M+/yr). Of course they could let Perry go as a UFA and hold on to Ryan for the remainder of his contract.

Or maybe they'll go off the reservation and trade Perry at the deadline to get something for him if it looks like he won't resign. Are there any contending teams that would be able to make that kind of deal?

I bet capgeek is full of people playing out the possibilities right now.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.