NHLPA approves realignment
by captaineclectic (2013-03-07 18:06:01)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Fantasy Sports ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

W

Bitches.

Enjoy your tougher route to the playoffs.
by JHND  (2013-03-08 10:16:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We'll play 40% of our games against the East, anyway. I'm really not bothered at all.

You guys should get your story straight...
by captaineclectic  (2013-03-08 10:27:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is Detroit cowardishly running away from the big tough Blackhawks, or foolishly embracing the tougher road to the postseason?

Or just doing what's best for its fans. There's that.

I think we can all agree on one message
by DakotaDomer  (2013-03-08 11:03:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The fans of Detroit will now need a new thing to play the victim card about. Because lord knows they can't just play hockey and shut up.

I honestly don't really care...
by JHND  (2013-03-08 10:39:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My brother's a Wings fan who lives in Detroit, and when they're not playing the Hawks I actually usually find myself rooting for them. Perhaps it's sympathy for decline of the city. I was simply responding to an obvious attempt to get in a barb against Chicago fans in a year where they're hard to come by.

I don't think anyone seriously thinks the Wings are "running away from Chicago", but I do think it could end up being a "be careful what you wish for" situation for Detroit. Perhaps not.

But with the expanded number of games across Conference lines, I don't see a lot of downside for the Hawks with this realignment. I see pretty much guaranteed playoff appearances lined up in front of us for the better part of the next decade.

Finally, eastern time zone and many trips to south Florida.
by gowings1  (2013-03-07 22:02:04)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this makes me very happy.

Any truth to the rumor
by DakotaDomer  (2013-03-07 18:36:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That Detroit lobbied for this because they're scared shitless of the Blackhawks?

Gosh yes, we're trembling in our little pink booties. *
by captaineclectic  (2013-03-08 02:08:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well ...
by CJC  (2013-03-08 13:28:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They used to be red, but they've been washed so many times over so many years ...

You need to wash them when you win the cup more than
by LoungeTroll  (2013-03-09 01:02:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

once every 50 years.

They must have been black by 1997. *
by CJC  (2013-03-09 11:07:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And yet since that time they have won as many Stanley Cups
by LoungeTroll  (2013-03-09 12:36:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as the Blackhawks have in their entire existence.

Another sign ...
by CJC  (2013-03-07 18:26:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that the dynasty is crumbling.

Celebrating relegation to the lower division.

It was only the lower division until we joined it.
by captaineclectic  (2013-03-08 02:07:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Since the 1994-1995 lockout the Cup has been awarded 17 times -- 7 times to the East, 6 times to the West, and 4 times to the Detroit Red Wings.

To be fair the President's Trophy is very different. It's been handed out 17 times too, of course, 8 to the West, 3 to the East, and 6 to the Detroit Red Wings. After Chicago wins this year we'll be all tied up.

"Lower division." Enjoy selling out your stadia.

Not counting Detroit, your division has 2 cups
by harmonica  (2013-03-08 10:35:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

since 1993.

Hardly anyone's fault...
by captaineclectic  (2013-03-11 15:02:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not counting Detroit or New Jersey, none of the new divisions have won more than four.

Play fair and take the "top" team for that period out of each division, and you get:

Conference 1 -- 3 (Pittsburgh, New York Rangers, Carolina)

Conference 2 -- 2 (Boston, Tampa Bay)

Conference 3 -- 2 (Dallas, Chicago)

Conference 4 -- 1 (taking away either Anaheim or LA)

That's cause only three teams have won the Cup twice or more since 1993.

Chicago's first loss of the year. *
by dentonfreeman  (2013-03-07 18:16:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Having to go to Detroit less often is a win in anyone's book *
by crazychester  (2013-03-08 10:57:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And yet there was an entire thread
by dentonfreeman  (2013-03-08 13:15:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of bitching about Detroit moving East.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.