Burton not invited to the NBA Draft Combine.
by G.K.Chesterton (2024-05-03 17:56:10)

Bronny James got invited. UConn’s entire starting five
by irishhawk49  (2024-05-03 18:08:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

were invited.

Lol, Bronny James is laughable. he can't play dead.
by DomerJon  (2024-05-03 20:52:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's there to get drafted as a FA so he can play with cry baby daddy for a game. NBA is hot garbage to begin with, they deserve one another.

Bronny's invite can't be based on potential, right?
by IndianaLee  (2024-05-03 18:55:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm guessing, name recognition? Burton had a better season, by miles. Yes, he'll face an uphill battle to make the League for being undersized, but I wouldn't rule him out. And it's not like Bronny is a giant at his position. Burton can hold his own. Will the Lakers really take Bronny with the 55th (?) pick in the draft? Or will some other team select him in hopes of enticing Lebron to switch teams? It's hard to see Lebron leaving the Lakers, unless perhaps joining Irving in Dallas.

Bronny averaged 19 min/game. He scored about 5 ppg and had
by irishhawk49  (2024-05-03 19:17:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

3 rpg. None of that says ‘NBA Combine’ participant. I would guess some NBA team that wants to lure Lebron to its city will draft Brony. Who knows?

And all of this playing for a non tourney team. *
by supernd  (2024-05-04 11:22:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And he (Bronny) takes a combine spot from a deserving
by irishhawk49  (2024-05-04 14:03:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

player. That sucks, imo.

It sucks even worse because there will be an
by 84david  (2024-05-07 10:34:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

unusually high number of players from the euro leagues drafted this year. I'm reading about 25, leaving about 35 spots for CBB players. The majority of those 78 will be told to go back to school.

Bronny will be drafted by the Lakers anyway.

Question
by Drew  (2024-05-06 17:04:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is there an actual limit?

Yes. They released the list of players invited to the
by irishhawk49  (2024-05-06 19:47:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

combine this weekend, I believe. I’m not certain on the number of invites but 48 seems to ring a
bell.
Edit: I just googled it. 78 players were invited to the combine. My 48 was way off.

I don't think you answered the question
by pmoose  (2024-05-07 13:41:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I tried googling to see if there was a limit and didn't find any.

I then started going back and seeing how many players were invited each year. In 2020, 104 players were invited - so it does not seem like there is a specific limit.

I guess I didn’t understand the question. Thanks for
by irishhawk49  (2024-05-07 18:35:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

checking it out.