Tony Sanders?
by supernd (2024-03-21 19:31:48)

Is it fair to assume he is leaving the program also?

No. I wouldn't assume anything.
by Kayo  (2024-03-21 19:47:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We'll know when he announces his plans.

He might want to go to a program at a level that fis his ability. As with Zona, I can understand wanting to have a final year in some team's playing rotation. Most athletes want to compete at the highest level possible for as long as possible.

I can also understand wanting to stay at Notre Dame and get a graduate degree. That has a lot of value, too.

He also might want to get into coaching. Staying and learning from a very good coach with bothcollege and NBA experience might appeal to him if that's the plan.

I wouldn't presume to know how the young man and his family think is the best plan for him.

Of course, any thought process about staying at Notre Dame presumes a fifth year scholarship has been offered.

Sort of reminds me Joey Brooks. *
by supernd  (2024-03-22 16:42:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good point. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-21 19:51:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He barely saw anything but mop up minutes this year.
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-21 19:44:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure why he would stay if he’s completed his degree. He was in there with the walk-ons at the end of The Citadel game. That’s the first time I remember seeing him play.