Nevada blew a 17 point lead with 7 minutes left
by sprack (2024-03-21 19:00:19)
Edited on 2024-03-21 19:03:16

I didn’t watch the game, but Charles and Kenny are absolutely reaming Steve Alford postgame for going into the basketball version of the prevent defense. Must’ve been ugly. Kudos to Dayton for taking advantage.

Watched it. Dayton hit some big shots. *
by Domerduck  (2024-03-21 19:43:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Few fan bases more passionate than Dayton.
by SorinBasement  (2024-03-21 22:06:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Happy to see it. It looked pretty hopeless when they were down by 17 with less than 8 minutes to play.

I was glad to see the Flyers win. My sister lives in Gaines-
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-21 19:49:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ville, FL. Anthony Grant was an assistant for Billy Donovan way back when. My sister said Anthony Grant is a really good guy. She enjoyed getting to know the family through shared activities with their children. Good for Anthony Grant.

Interesting to see Grant and Smart having success again. *
by MobileIrish  (2024-03-21 23:02:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is there a connection between those two? *
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-21 23:55:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both coached at Virginia Commonwealth.
by MobileIrish  (2024-03-22 00:39:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both got got big jobs (Alabama and Texas). Now seem to be doing well.

Did they coach together at VCU? *
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-22 09:22:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No
by HTownND  (2024-03-22 10:24:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Grant replaced Capel after he took the big job (OU) after his run with VCU. Grant had been an assistant at Florida (and was a career assistant) when he took the VCU head job. When Grant left for Alabama, Smart took over for Grant.

Smart had also been an assistant at Florida before taking the VCU job. They didn't overlap there either.

VCU liked the Donovan tree apparently.

Thanks for the reply and information. I knew he had been
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-22 11:20:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at UF.

Didnt watch but.....
by supernd  (2024-03-21 19:33:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Their points were valid. You cant out the ball in the deep freeze with a 17 or lead and 7 minutes left with todays shot clock.