A bit of a surprise, but good luck to him.
by TWO (2024-03-21 16:19:05)

In reply to: Matt Zona enters transfer portal.  posted by irishhawk49

He was a good teammate and contributed in any way he could, I appreciyeate his effort.

That said I wonder if he just didn't see his playing time increasing and was expecting a portal big to be added and actually reduce his playing time? He certainly is unlikely to have any NBA prospects so maybe he's just looking for a situation where he'll get more playing time and work on an advanced degree.

Good Luck Matt

I'm not surprised.
by Kayo  (2024-03-21 17:29:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Zona can be a starting center at the right level of competition. I hope he finds that situation and has a great last hurrah.

Noie also said he wasn't surprised. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2024-03-21 18:58:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good luck, Matt. Appreciated your effort this year. *
by FightinIrish  (2024-03-21 17:22:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would guess he had an end of year interview with Coach
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-21 16:39:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Shrewsberry. At the very least 6’10 frosh Garrett Sundra will be coming in and looking for minutes. Transfer portal player? Who knows? But just with Sundra I could see Matt’s role being diminished relative to what he got this year.

I hope he lands somewhere that will allow him to be a 25-30 minute a game player. I really respect how hard he played and worked. He seems like a really good guy. Good luck to him.