DJ scored 14 last night, all in the 4th
by Pmoose (2017-07-12 06:37:49)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I watched most of it and he looked really good.

Would like to believe Bradley being traded
by Ajax  (2017-07-12 12:08:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

helps his chances in 17-18 to be on the team- though I still believe he will play some in the G-League. Boston took a couple of second round guards, but they seem like good bets for 2 way contracts.

Thomas, Smart, Jackson

Hayward, Rozier

Tatum, Brown, Ojeleye

Crowder, Morris, Theis, Mickey, Yabusele?

Horford, Baynes, Zizic

Yes, I realize Crowder is a small forward, but Boston will often play small. There was some buzz they would kick the tires on Marc Gasol.

Rozier second team guard,...
by LAW83  (2017-07-12 15:02:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jordan Mickey isn't a guard. Have to keep fingers crossed for Demetrius. Lucky for DJ, is the low costs of his contract.

Mickey is most likely out
by DBCooper  (2017-07-12 12:34:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they signed some German guy and just signed Baynes from Detroit for some front court depth

Dj should make the team if he performs well before the season started. There is talk they may look at vet min players to add some depth however. Gasol was not something they can do now. I think they would have to trade Horford to make the money work, along with some top other pieces, and I dont see that happening. If during the season Gasol's asking price from memphis drops and Boston continues to need help in the middle I guess it is something they might explore.

Yabu should be on the team unless more vets are added. As of right now its assumed he is on.

Mickey was waived today *
by DBCooper  (2017-07-14 14:21:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Celts just signed Abdel Nader to an NBA deal, which does
by Beancounter  (2017-07-14 16:44:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not bode well for DJ.

They can keep both *
by DBCooper  (2017-07-14 21:51:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Really? That's good news. I thought their roster was full,
by beancounter  (2017-07-15 11:36:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

assuming they sign Semi to an NBA deal. Hope foe the best for DJ.

I thought Semi would get signed to a two way
by DBCooper  (2017-07-15 17:16:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Surprised they signed him today so now it doesn't look good for DJ. Sucks, I was hoping he would stay, but to be honest for his development probably best to go somewhere else. Celtics have high picks coming and a young player not already getting a ton of minutes does not want to be on the team.

It would seem the status of Yabusele
by Ajax  (2017-07-14 18:36:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

could be the key factor in DJ staying with Boston.

Boston Celtics draft pick Guerschon Yabusele is expected to miss summer league after undergoing surgery on his feet, according to multiple reports.

ESPN's Chris Forsberg reported Yabusele had bone spurs removed from the tops of his feet, but is expected to resume basketball activities this summer and be ready for training camp in the fall.

Perhaps their signing of Theis will keep him Yabu overseas for at least another season.

Great
by BIGGS  (2017-07-12 09:57:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That is excellent. You can tell that Brad Stephens wants him on the team. I hope he continues to improve and sticks with Boston.

It sure would be nice for him, and for ND to be
by Tim Kelley  (2017-07-12 09:59:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

able to point to the NBA instead of Greece and Turkey when talking to recruits.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.