OT: note for all CU Jays
by TommyZ (2017-07-11 14:06:03)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

you're getting a great player in Damien Jefferson. He's a good kid and certainly a very good athlete.

His best basketball is ahead of him. I wish he could've played 1 more year at EC Central for my friend, Pete Trgovich, who coached him in his senior year.

I know Damien is excited about Creighton and a new start.

They have 6 outgoing transfers
by GolfJunkie17  (2017-07-11 20:15:51)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And 4 incoming. I could be wrong, but this sounds like a lot both ways, even considering the coaching change.

*edit- referring to New Mexico, not Creighton.

interesting
by cujaysfan  (2017-07-11 16:01:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he was a pretty stealthy transfer

the al huss (former NM asst) connection is the obvious reason

he'll get on the court if he can be a defensive stopper (which he seems to have those tools) - there should be a lot of firepower on next year's team - marcus foster will be graduating - but the jays are pretty stacked at that wing spot with good young shooters - and khyri thomas - who might be one of the best two way players in the country

he hasn't shown up for any summer league games yet - so i haven't gotten any first hand reports of how he looks. but hoping to get some soon

thanks for info!

interesting info
by TommyZ  (2017-07-11 16:52:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I did not know about the connection with the assistant coach.

I knew Jefferson planned on taking more visits, but was sold on Creighton after his visit there.

Damien just announced maybe a week or so ago - so I am not sure he is enrolled yet or on campus.

I think the redshirt year to get adjusted and develop will be a big help for him. Although, I admit, the NCAA truly needs to look at allowing transfers immediate eligibility when your coach gets fired.

Again, I think he will be a very good player for you guys.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.