Congrats to Tom Noie
by El Kabong (2017-07-09 11:33:53)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Will be taking on sports columnist duties in addition to the Irish hoops beat.

Thankfully Al Lesar has retired. *
by beancounter  (2017-07-09 13:08:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I liked his stuff
by El Kabong  (2017-07-09 19:15:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He wasn't a contrarian just to be one, he backed up his stuff.

He's a good person, and he meant well.
by mocopdx  (2017-07-10 11:45:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His writing had gone downhill in the last decade though. Noie is very good at what he does. This is a good thing in my opinion.

Lesar's "retirement"
by oldbender  (2017-07-09 15:50:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think it was a retirement by mutual agreement. The tribune is going through tough times and have been taking steps to cut costs even more. Lesar wasn't' t the only staff member to leave in form or another. The paper is now being printed in Michigan and being trucked back here. There is no coverage of nighttime sporting events. It will interesting to see how they cover ND night games. It's kind of sad, but not surprising in the social media age.

I enjoyed his contrarian pov. *
by SB Jimbo  (2017-07-09 14:07:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He came off as far more cranky than contrarian to me.
by beancounter  (2017-07-10 11:53:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Each to his own.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.