There are other possibilities
by Kayo (2017-07-08 09:24:48)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: The lack of pure shooting seems like a problem to me  posted by UpperEastSideIrish

But they have to show consistency in game situations.

Gibbs was a 32% three point shooter last season, not good; but he was a freshman catching up to the speed of college basketball. Freshmen often rush their shots even when it isn't necessary. I won't be surprised to see him improve to 40%, but I have to see it to believe it.

Pfleuger was a 40% three point shooter last season, but he only had 68 attempts. He will shoot more this season; and if he can maintain 40% or improve on it, we'll be very pleased. Again, I have to see it to believe it.

I've only seen Djogo in practice. Sometimes he can't miss from outside. Other times I've seen a pedestrian outside shot. He is, potentially, another shooter; but I don't know about his consistency yet. He's also a good slasher; so if he does establish himself as an outside shooting threat, he will be able to dribble past defenders who defend the shot aggressively.

The final potential shooting option for this season will be Harvey, but I have no idea what to expect from him.

Those are four possibilities to add outside shooting to the rotation. I'm confident one of them will emerge; and really, two emerging is a reasonable expectation. I just don't know which two it will be.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.