This one really surprises me
by Ajax (2017-07-05 22:46:37)
Edited on 2017-07-05 22:54:45
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Dane Goodwin (4*) commits to ND  posted by Boss

Once Carmody gave his verbal, I considered Goodwin to no longer be an option. We had a poster on here mention that he thought Carmody could play some SF. FWIW per Verbal Commits, Goodwin is listed as being one inch taller than Carmody.

Just pure speculation, but I was reading on the IL site that they felt Finke was down to IL and ND (listed at 6'6). I'd have to believe this verbal takes him out of the mix (just like Muhammad). Those on the IL site were also speculating that if IL received a verbal from Horton-Tucker that they would not have room for Finke. Horton-Tucker is a very interesting player, but to my knowledge ND never offered.

As far as the rest of the class (which appears to be 5 unless Shittu were to verbal) it would seem Bey is the most likely as a VJ type 3/4.

Shittu is a long shot, but it's great to be in the mix. A verbal from him would shake things up nationally. Right now, ND's excellent recruiting class of 4 star talent does not.

Hauser is a long shot as well. It just seems its a 3 team race for him with Marquette, WI, and MSU. MSU has 4 verbals and is maxed for 18-19, but they have 2-3 (Bridges, Jackson, Ward) who will leave early.

It seems Riley Battin may still be a fall back plan B option for a big man. It would seem he would be put on the 5 year plan.

Have to wonder, if the 5 year plan might be an option for Goodwin.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.