OT: Recruiting and Brotherly Love..
by TWO (2017-06-29 15:17:15)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

sometimes isn't what it seems like it should be. In this case with 5 star Mohamed Bamba who recently verballed to Texas and his older brother. Cases like this remind what a cesspool for the most part HS basketball recruiting and the AAU circuit have become.

In a rambling, profanity-laden 22-minute Facebook Live video filmed poolside, Ibrahim Johnson detailed the alleged relationship between his younger brother and financial adviser Greer Love. Shirtless and wearing a backward baseball cap, Johnson accused Love of violating NCAA rules by supplying Bamba with money, vacations and other extra benefits and steering him toward certain schools in hopes of working with the 6-foot-11 center in the future.

Johnson said Love caused a rift to form between him and his younger brother after he disclosed that he intended to become a sports agent and represent Bamba. Going public with these accusations was apparently Johnson’s way of getting revenge on Bamba for siding with Greer instead of him.

“He’s not going to play this year in the NCAA because I already reported him to the NCAA and I’m already going to meet with the NCAA,” said Johnson, a former basketball player at Division II University of Montevallo. “He’s not going to play this year. I’m not going to lie to you. I exposed that kid.”

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.