Chris Quinn will be coaching Zach Auguste this summer
by irishcane (2017-06-29 10:15:43)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In the recommended podcast with Coach Brey, he mentions past players of his that are ascending the coaching ranks. I was surprised he didn't mention Chris Quinn who the Miami Heat are absolutely grooming. Pat Riley's coaching tree is nearly unmatched (Dean Smith?) but I'm happy to have Chris in the community and doing well.

Auguste will be banging every day against the Heat's first round pick out of Kentucky, Bam Adebayo. I hope he can earn a roster spot.

Brey already made a run at Quinn
by SB Jimbo  (2017-06-29 12:28:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...if internet reports are to be believed. They said Chris was Brey's choice for 1 of the 2 assistant spots, but that Chris saw his future in the NBA.

That might be why he didn't mention him.
by Fuzzy Patters  (2017-06-29 12:32:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If I remember correctly, the former players that he mentioned were in response to Mike Frank asking about former players who might be ready to replace Brey 10-15 years down the road. That led to Brey discussing guys in college coaching, including his former players who have coached with him (Swanagan, Inglesby, Ayers, and Humphrey). It doesn't sound like Chris Quinn is interested in that.

Edit: He also mentioned Hansbrough and another one (KMac?) as being interested in getting into coaching. I was mowing when I was listening to it, so I don't remember for sure.

Hansbrough is already in coaching (W Kentucky)
by Mark_It_Zero  (2017-06-29 12:37:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and the other one mentioned was KMac. KMac has expressed a desire to start coaching (he already trains people in the offseason) once his playing career ends.

unfortunately - the stink of what's happening at WKU
by cujaysfan  (2017-06-29 13:17:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

may make BM too toxic to bring back

hope he gets outta there quick before he gets involved in the (alleged) shenanigans there

what are the shenanigans? * *
by drmurray  (2017-06-30 13:39:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

WKU is bringing class btw 10-15
by cujaysfan  (2017-06-30 22:08:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

lot of back channel talk about shenanigans - i believe they've signed a five star and two four star - and were in on a lot of other out of their league kids

one national writer (Goodman) has been more direct about what's been going on $$$$$

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.