Both have a chance to be in the rotation
by Kayo (2017-06-29 07:10:27)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Anyone have any info on development of Mooney and Burns?  posted by UpperEastSideIrish

One of them starting isn't far fetched, but someone who's in line to start would have to be bumped out of the initial lineup.

I've told this story before... Whe many of us were wondering why one or both guys weren't playing, I decided to ask about it. However, I have learned that direct questions tend to get cliché answers; so I asked several indirect questions. One of those questions was, "Which one of your teammates is most likely to plant someone on the floor during practice?"

Typically five guys come out for interviews after practice, sometimes only four; so the sample size was limited. Nevertheless, it was unanimous. Burns.

Fast forward to tournament selection day. The whole team was available for interviews, so I approached Burns. "I've asked several of your teammates who is most likely to plant someone on the floor during practice..."

He didn't let me finish the question. "Gotta be me," he said.

Planting guys on the floor in practice is not a guarantee that Burns will be a quality ACC big man; but damn, that's the attitude I want to see playing next to Colson this season.

Bonzie needs some protection. He will be even better than what we've already seen if he doesn't have to carry the entire load of physical play. He will be even better than what we've already seen if someone else can guard the other teams' post players.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.