The ACC title and B2B Elite 8s have to be the biggest factor
by irishcane (2017-06-23 10:03:35)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Expectations  posted by Taxman

I am not discounting the practice facility and am very pleased that it's finally coming to fruition. However, IMO, the success on the national stage is the single biggest factor in turning the corner.

I agree with you wholeheartedly regarding the muted reaction to a top 100 recruit. I saw the tweet yesterday and texted alum friends in a group chat where we discuss hoops. Everyone was pleased but no overreaction or talk of a "savior." I used the words "fringe top 100 player" and checked some of the services and corrected myself to "legit top 100 guy."

Getting one of these guys used to be a very big deal. We would heap immense expectations on one individual. Now it's recruit after recruit. Guys can pan or flame out. We know the program is rolling right now. Thank God for the basketball program is the only thing I have left to say.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.