I think there are some similarities to this coming year
by Bob Sacamano (2017-04-04 18:25:37)
Edited on 2017-04-04 18:27:00
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Mooney does not have the defensive upside of Kurz  posted by Mark_It_Zero

and where ND was at heading into the 2014 season. We pretty much knew what we had with Vasturia, Coughnaton, and Grant. I remember thinking if they can get Auguste to step up and if Jackson could make the freshman to sophomore jump they could be a pretty good team. Of course I don't think anybody expected an ACC title and elite 8.

Like 2014 we pretty much know what we have with Colson, Farrel, and Phleuger. If Gibbs can make a DJ Jackson type jump from his freshman to soph year and if anyone one of Mooney, Burns, or Geben can become a viable option opposite of Colson (like Auguste did) I think ND goes from a top 20 team to a top 10 team with a chance at another ACC title and deep tournament run.

My hope is it's Mooney. This is based totally on recruiting highlights and his bio on UND.com but his skill set seams to fit what ND needs. A 6'10" big who can rebound and pass. Others who have access to practice etc...can correct me if I'm wrong on Mooney. Maybe Burns is that guy but I don't have a lot of hope for Geben other than being a role player off the bench.

On a side note I'm looking forward to seeing Harvey and Djogo. If someone steps up alongside Colson it could be a special season.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.