Bronson Koenig: “I had flashbacks to Notre Dame."
by G.K.Chesterton (2017-03-20 21:35:21)
Edited on 2017-03-20 21:36:10
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

MADISON - For a few seconds, Bronson Koenig found himself reliving a painful defeat.

“I had flashbacks to Notre Dame,” Wisconsin's senior guard said.

Koenig was referring to UW’s 61-56 loss to the Irish last season in the Sweet 16 in Philadelphia, a game in which he had a critical turnover with three seconds left and the Badgers trailing by three.

What sparked the flashback was a turnover with 36.4 seconds left in UW’s 65-62 victory over top-seeded Villanova in the second round of the East Regional Saturday in Buffalo.

“I got trapped and I should have taken a timeout,” Koenig said.

Villanova’s Donte DiVincenzo stole Koenig’s pass and was fouled by Nigel Hayes. DiVincenzo made the first free throw to forge a 62-62 tie but missed the second.

“I was asking God for him to miss that free throw,” Koenig said with a smile, “and luckily he did.”

Two stories tonight demonstrate that Notre Dame's defeat of Wisconsin in the 2016 tournament is still painful to the Badgers.

One is at the link and the other can be found here - http://www.scout.com/college/wisconsin/story/1764456-notre-dame-loss-still-fuels-wisconsin.

Demetrius Jackson ripping the ball from their guard is my
by athlete37  (2017-03-20 22:32:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

favorite part of last season.

The deep alley oop to Auguste up about a dozen against Wichita State was probably my favorite from the previous tournament.

I asked God for him to do that. *
by Naughman  (2017-03-21 08:56:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My favorite moment of the 2015 tournament
by cubfan  (2017-03-21 00:03:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

among many, had to be Connaughton taking it down the lane for an emphatic slam over Townes in the UK game. If ever there were a statement, that was it.

I legitimately thought the game was over at that point.
by KeoughCharles05  (2017-03-21 21:35:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Probably about as incredulously joyous as I've ever been about ND Hoops. Jesus that was glorious. (Yes I'm aware it only put us up 4 points. But it seemed like the type of play from that team that crushed opponents souls.)

I kinda liked this one
by NDoggie78  (2017-03-21 08:05:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So close .......

who's the dude in white? *
by asian_dude_4  (2017-03-21 22:36:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It looks like Andrew or Aaron Harrison
by JACC1203  (2017-03-22 10:03:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BTW,seeing loud-mouthed Ashley Judd sit her ass down and Calicheater perplexed made the PC dunk all the sweeter.

I was thinking the same thing, especially about Judd. *
by Marine Domer  (2017-03-22 11:41:51)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.