I'll say this of Beacham's final game.
by KeoughCharles05 (2017-03-20 13:42:52)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: I think Brey will probably second guess himself on this one.  posted by NDMike2001

While his results were pretty rough, he was consistently getting open for his shots. I don't know that that had typically been the case in his serious slump period earlier in the season. He would seem to just disappear, or force up bad shots. It's a lot harder to take out a guy who has a good shot that just isn't going, than to take out a guy who has disappeared entirely.

That said, Matt Ryan absolutely could have helped out some more on the court. He seemed to be a lot more comfortable driving in if he was run off the 3 point line. That's a skill-set that should help him substantially. I'm thrilled about where we are as a program, because even as recently as five years ago, Ryan would have been a regular for extended minutes based solely on his shot. Now he's got to do more to see the court. That's real progress.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.