I think Brey will probably second guess himself on this one.
by NDMike2001 (2017-03-20 12:44:15)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: The Prophet (link)  posted by Kayo

First, let me say that he's earned the right to make some bad decisions if that is in fact what happened. Obviously we'll never know.

But that being said, it really becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy if you choose to live an die with your seniors.

Clearly Brey made the conscious decision to try and let VJ play through his slump. He actually played more minutes than Vasturia. Gibbs probably played a couple minutes more than his average and Geben had a decent contribution of 10 minutes. Those came at the expense of Pflueger.

In his last several games Matt Ryan probably deserved more of a chance to contribute. He was given first half minutes and played well. Then he was relegated to the bench. Whatever defensive liabilities he had, I think this team needed another shooter more against WVA.

I have a feeling that Brey will reflect on what happened to this group and come back with a different mindset next time. That being said, as hard as the roster management was this year, I have a feeling that next year will be even worse. Hopefully that is a good problem to have.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.